Saturday, July 01, 2006

Maple Leaf Socks Knit-A-Long... (KAL)

Well, it's been a while since last posting...and there are many reasons...moving mostly...LONG STORY...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I want to get my pictures posted for the KAL, so I am going to skip the past few months of hiatus explanation to move along with it.

I joined up with the T Socks KAL, starting with the Maple Leaf sock pattern. I decided to spin up some sock yarn and handpaint it. These will be for my mom, who can relate to Maple leaves, since she grew up on the East Coast. The yarn skein is Caramel, Mahogany, Buttercreme, and Yellow Gold. I really love the way it turned out!


When it's wound as a center pull, the colors are even more interesting! After winding , I slide it on one of our hand made Nostepinnes for easy center pull and end of skein work. (I'm working one sock forward on the skein and one backward to produce symmetrical socks instead of identical ones.)

I'm really very pleased with the turn out...can't wait to get started!

No comments: