Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Meet the Sheep


If you haven't done so yet, go to the Running Moon Farm website to see all the wonderful sheep. When we went out to meet the sheep we thought the nursery area for all the new lambs was adorable. They are so small! They grow quickly though, as we saw the little bottle fed lamb that seems almost too big to pick up already. (I don't think the little lamb is more than a few months old) Needless to say, when we turned the corner we encountered SHEEP that were BIG. I never knew sheep were that big! I think the children's picture book writers and illustrators should all be FIRED! They seem to portray all animals at a much reduced size when presented in picture books. (You have to remember that I am from Hawaii and we just don't have access to many animals let alone variety of breed of animals.) The goats were just beautiful as well. I really like the one silvery goat that is penned alone. I'll have to look up his name. Of course, Margrett knows all of them well, so she'd know exactly which goat I am speaking of. He stared at us the whole time we were walking around though the gated areas. I think the whole experience was 'cosmic' in some ways since we visited on my mom's birthday on April 1, making her an Aries, John and I are both Aries, my Jack Russell Terrier, Mr. MacKenzie is an Aries (and he was there at the farm as well) and my dad is a Capricorn, and here we were, under the sign of Aries, surrounded by Rams and Ewes...and the goats were part of the package as well. John and I both felt so 'at home'. I wonder if I could have a sheep-pet once I get back to Hawaii this October? My little Mr. MacKenzie would love a sheep sister, right?

No comments: